What happens on the road can also go off-road. That is what Comcast Cable’s Spotlight ad sales division is thinking about one of the software suites it launched to power new-wave TV ads.
The group’s Instant Impact is an analytics platform that shows the impact on web traffic from airing an ad on Comcast, within 30 minutes of transmission.
Initially, Comcast Spotlight rolled it out to car sales advertisers. But now Instant Impact is about to gain wider impact.
“We started with the automotive space, with dealers who were very interested in looking at the traffic that dealers are seeing,” says Comcast Spotlight chief revenue officer Brendan Condon, the former AOL and Time Warner ad exec.
“When you advertise with us in Comcast, you can see a direct correlation to web traffic increasing based on those advertisements.
“Instant Impact afforded us to do that and say, ‘Wait a minute, we can do this for local markets in respect to auto dealers, we can also now do it for national, regional, and local’. Of course, any market. And so we’re rolling out this Instant Impact enterprise wide this quarter.”
Condon was speaking ahead of speaking at the upcoming event Beet Retreat in the City, “We’re Going Local!”.
And he touched on findings from Comcast Spotlight’s new TV Viewership Report. According to the Q1 edition:
- TV viewership is at a two-year high, reversing the trend of decline that Comcast Spotlight has seen since it began tracking this data in 2017
- People spent an average of six hours and 25 minutes watching TV each day.
- Viewing rose six percent (21 minutes) over Q1 2018.
- VOD viewing has increased by 36% year on year and doubled across total Comcast households since 2016.
- More than half of all viewing (68%) occurred outside of television’s traditional primetime.
This video is part of a series from the Beet Retreat in the City, “We’re Going Local!” hosted by GroupM Worldwide and sponsored by Amobee, Comcast Spotlight and TVSquared. Please visit this page for additional segments.