CANNES — The construct of “The Four Ps of Marketing” has been in circulation for some decades now.
But old needs a reboot.
In this video interview with Beet.TV, Wavemaker global chief client officer Aaron Smith redefines the “Ps” for a new era.
“The old ways of building relevance no longer work,” he says. “To really drive relevance in today’s world, brands need to think differently about what I would say what are historically the classic four P’s of marketing….”
- Purpose: “For me, relevance today is about creating a really strong brand purpose. What do you stand for as a brand?”
- Pride: “How you promote your message with integrity and honesty.”
- Partners: “If you look at any of the successful brands today, they can’t do it alone … they need to bring in external thinking.”
- Protection: “Increasing amounts of data … can be both a blessing and a curse. Brands need to make sure that they’re really using that data in the right way and protecting consumers’ best interests.”
- Personalisation: “As we collect that data, we need to make sure that we’re using it in ways that are helping to drive more meaning and relevance to the consumers’ lives without crossing that line of being creepy or invasive.”