Twitter returned to this week’s IAB NewFronts digital ad showcase touting new and extended premium-publisher tie-ups to potential advertisers.
The social network first used the event in 2017. This time, it is also announcing a deal with iSpot.tv and NBCU.
In this video interview with Beet.TV, Sarah Rosen, Head of US Content Partnerships, explains the highlights of Twitter’s pitch.
Twitter is becoming the first social partner to test an integration with iSpot, NBCUniversal‘s new cross-platform video measurement provider..
Rosen says: “NBC announced their partnership with iSpot and we are thrilled to be their first social partner to be part of this.
“What it will essentially do is allow advertisers the opportunity to measure the incremental audience they are reaching through their Twitter Amplify campaigns, which is a question people have been asking since the dawn of time.”
In January, NBCUniversal said it picked iSpot.tv as its first cross-platform Certified Measurement Partner for cross-screen video, starting with a “test-and-learn” approach for the “alternative currency” with Publicis Media this Q1.
That will lead to “massive pilots” for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games and Super Bowl LVI.
Twitter also announced a new pilot program will allow advertisers to promote and run pre-roll on live event pages featuring real-time highlights.
Among the content tie-ups:
- Fox Sports will show in-match previews and live pre-game shows for FIFA World Cup and Women’s World Cup matches in Qutar 2022 and Australia/New Zealand 2023. Clips are available to sponsor through Fox and Twitter Amplify.
- E! News is launching a new, made-for-Twitter live-stream show, While You Were Streaming, featuring writers and stars talking about popular streaming TV shows.
- WNBA is doing a multi-year extension of its Twitter partnership, bringing 12 live games, new Spaces events, polls, player interviews and Moments.
- Condé Nast and Twitter are extending their existing relationship with content open to sponsorships across video, Spaces, Moments and live events.
Rosen says: “E! is going to be bringing an only on Twitter show to actually cover what’s happening on those streaming shows, what people are talking about, breaking down episodes. We are just really excited for this new format, with a partner that we know is going to deliver premium content.”
On sport, she adds: “It’s a further commitment of Twitter’s support of women’s sports. We believe in the W.”
Twitter also announced other content deal extensions:
- ESSENCE is expanding its Twitter partnership, including with highlights from events like ESSENCE Festival of Culture and the Global Black Economic Forum.
- REVOLT is bringing content several of its shows through Twitter.
Rosen says: “What we want advertisers to know is:
- “We have premium content for every passionate audience out there, whether it’s sports, news, entertainment, lifestyle music.
- “We have trusted content partners that are delivering premium brand-safe content for a wide variety of audiences.
- “It’s a turnkey solution for you to align with content via Twitter Amplify.”