There is no straight line from planning a textual or pictorial display ad campaigns to doing so for video, says one video ad tech exec.
“A lot of the technologies that were built and deployed in the online display world don’t translate well in to video,” says Videology‘s development SVP Brent Gaskamp.
“Some people have come in and said ‘I’m used to doing everything like I did in display’. We have to move away from silos and have to look at the world through horizonalization – especially in video
“If you look at the lumascape that exists in the online world and bring the complexity … in to video, it’s a very hard equation to solve.”
Gaskamp was interviewed by Furious Minds CEO Ashley J. Swartz at Beet.TV’s annual executive retreat in Vieques, Puerto Rico.
Fellow panelists were asked to name their key achievement hoped for in 2014…
- Xaxis’ north America MD Brian Gleason said: “Attribution – having a true understanding of ‘What can I attribute the action to?’ and then react to that.”
- Magna Global’s north America president Kristi Argyilan said: “Twenty-eight percent of our media billings will be automated by the end of the year.”
- Google’s media platforms sales head Jay Vanderzee said: “Focusing on simplicity so that we can drive faster insights for the entire ecosystem.”
- MediaLink CEO Dee Salomon said: “Bringing creative to technology so that we can get better creative flowing in … and bringing technology to creatives.”
- Turn emerging media GM Chris Smith said: “Having everything in one place, no matter if it’s display to social.”