CANNES – Viewership of TV programming by cable subscribers on their digital devices is accelerating quickly , says Adobe’s Campbell Foster in this video interview with Beet.TV. We spoke with him at the MIP conference where Adobe was a presenter.

Even without the Olympics, the number of steams rose seven times year over year, and he says. This has created a considerable demand for an integrated industry solution for getting television programming into the hands of consumers using mobile devices.

Today, the San Jose company announced that Comcast Cable is using many of the Adobe Primetime features for its XFINITY Web properties and for delivering authenticated streams to customers. That includes the player, DRM, ad insertion, ad serving and analytics. NBC Sports Group launched Adobe Primetime to deliver live sports events including Major League Soccer and National Hockey League games.

In related news, Adobe released new data on digital video. The number of mobile video starts has risen more than three times over last year and accounts for about 10 percent of video consumption, with tablets the fastest growing of mobile devices. The other 90% of digital video consumption comes from desktops.

-Daisy Whitney

Disclosure: Adobe is the sponsor of Beet.TV coverage of the MIP conference.

UncategorizedTagged , , , ,