In 2015, WPP’s large portfolio of digital agencies, tech providers and content companies, which are fully or partly owned by WPP, will be organized into a “complete” offering that can “compete with any company in the world,” says David J. Moore, President of WPP Digital and Chairman of Xaxis, in this interview with Beet.TV
Moore sees the most promising opportunity in digital media around “creative optimization,” meaning the customization of creative advertising in realtime, as it is consumed. While some vendors are making progress in this field, there is much more to be developed. He sees this new medium emerging in 2016.
Also in the interview he addresses the evolving place for digital video in the agency television practice. He also speaks about the emergence of new, giant ‘tech stacks” and the challenges that they present to marketers and their agencies. Finally, he talks about the changing value of the media agency.
Moore Speaking at Beet Retreat ’15
I am delighted to Moore will be a featured speaker at Beet.TV’s executive retreat at the W Fort Lauderdale in January 22-25 where will join others top executives from holding companies including Publicis and IPG along with publishing executives from Hulu and The New York Times; tech/media giants Adobe, AOL, Comcast, comScore, Disney/Maker, Google, Microsoft, Nielsen,Yahoo along key emerging companies including Eyeview Videology, SpotXchange, Taboola and others. The list of participants are listed below:
- Dan Ackerman, SVP, Programmatic TV, Adap.tv (AOL Inc.)
- Judy Bahary, SVP, comScore
- Frank Besteiro, VP, Head of Business Development & Partnerships, Video, AOL Inc.
- Sean Buckley, SVP, SpotXchange
- Tim Castree, Managing Director, NA, Videology
- Joe Cady, VP, Digital Strategy & Sales, NBC Universal (Comcast
- Tal Chalozin, CTO and Co-Founder, Innovid
- Jim Daily, GM, North America, Teads
- Brian Danzis, Chief Revenue Officer, Virool
- Mac Delaney, SVP, VivaKi (Publicis)
- Gordie DePacale, VP, Product, Mediaocean
- Campbell Foster, Director of Product Marketing, Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Gian Fulgoni, Executive Chairman Emeritus & C0-Founder, comScore
- Charles Gabriel, Chief Advertising Officer, Maker Studio (Disney)
- Brent Gaskamp, SVP, Videology
- Michael Glantz, Manager, Business Development, Simulmedia
- Rebecca Howard, GM for Video, The New York Times
- Kevin Lenane, CEO, Veenome
- Oren Harnevo, CEO, Eyeview
- David Hohman, EVP, Agency Solutions, Nielsen
- Richard Kosinksi, President, Unruly
- Stefan Maris, Product Manager, Civolution
- Marta Martinez, Global Head of Video Sales, AOL Inc.
- David J. Moore, President, WPP Digital, Chairman, Xaxis
- Dan Mosher, SVP, BrightRoll (Yahoo)
- Peter Naylor, SVP Sales, Hulu
- Nicolle Pangis, Chief Global Revenue Officer, Xaxis (WPP)
- Bertrand Quesada, Co-Founder & CEO, Teads
- Shenan Reed, President of Digital, MEC North America (WPP)
- James Kreckler, SVP, Video Sales, Media Digital Sales, NBC Universal (Comcast)
- James Rooke, GM, Business Solutions, FreeWheel (Comcast)
- Mitchell Reichgut, CEO, Jun Group
- Veena Rayapareddi, Vice President, Magna Global (IPG)
- Jack Rotherham, CMO, FreeWheel (Comcast)
- Adam Singolda, CEO, Taboola
- Ashley J. Swartz, CEO, Furious Corp.
- Mark Trefgarne, Co-Founder and Product Management Director, LiveRail at Facebook
- Ritu Trivedi, Head of U.S. Brand Marketing, Microsoft Corporation
- Jay VanDerzee, Head of Media Platform Sales, Americas, Google Inc.
- Irfon Watkins, CEO, Coull
- Chris Woods, CRO, Visible Measures
- Julian Zilberbrand, EVP, Activation, Zenith Optimedia (Publicis)